The Company’s main purpose is to create and maintain a technology platform App that connects drivers and riders. The Company may also provide services of any description related to, complementary to and/or supplementary to the main purpose.
The Company is the data controller. Questions, comments and complaints about the Company’s data practices can be submitted to [email protected]. We process personal information inside and outside of the Territory, in accordance with the applicable laws.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
- a) “Apps” includes all mobile applications, technology platforms, websites, content, product and related services created and owned by the Company that facilitate Riders to request arrange and schedule Transportation Services including the purchase of services from third party Drivers and allows Drivers to use the Services to screen, procure and fulfill requests from Riders for Transportation Services.
- b) “Account” means an account opened by the Driver and approved by the Company to access the Driver App to benefit from the Services.
- c) “Drivers” mean independent contractors who utilize the Drivers App to provide transportation services to Users. Drivers are not employees of the Company. Drivers provide Transportation Services to the Riders utilizing the Services and the App in their private capacity and not through any partnership, employment, or Joint Venture with the Company.
- d) “Riders” means users who utilize the App to either request, schedule, arrange, procure or receive Transportation Services from Drivers.
- e) “Services” means access to the App and related services that facilitate Riders to request arrange and schedule Transportation Services including the purchase of services from third party Drivers and allows Drivers to use the Services to screen, accept and fulfill requests from Riders for Transportation Services.
- f) “Terms” means the terms and conditions of use that govern the Driver’s use and access in the Territory of the Services and App
- g) “Territory” means Trinidad and Tobago
- h) “Transportation Services” includes any request from Riders for transport, including the arrangement, scheduling, delivery and logistics associated with the provision of Transport from Drivers to Riders.
- i) “Users” means any person who provides information to the Company, utilizes the Services; accesses the App to requests, receive, schedule, arrange or provide Transportation Services.
- 1.2 The singular includes the plural and the plural includes the singular; the masculine gender includes the feminine and neuter genders; the word “person” includes bodies corporate, companies, partnerships, syndicates, trusts and any association of persons; and the word “individual” means a natural person.
2. This policy applies to users of the Company’s apps in the Territory.
3. The Company collects information provided by you and information received from a variety of sources as will be outlined below in order to provide and improve its services and to serve as a record in the case of any dispute.
4. Information Collected from Riders
- 4.1 The Company collects the following types of information from Riders:
- a) User Account Information: In order to create or update an account on any app all users will be asked to provide the following information:
i. Email address;
ii. Phone number;
iii. Login name and password;
v. Payment or banking information (including related payment verification information);
vi. Identification numbers, Passport number or Drivers Permit number;
vii. Birth date;
ix. Photo and signature; and
x. Any preference or settings enabled for the account.
- b) User Data: Information that you submit when you contact our customer support, provide ratings or feedback for other users, or otherwise contact the Company.
- c) Address book or calendar: If you permit the App to access the contacts in your device, the Company may collect names and contact information from your contacts for emergency support and help purposes. If you allow the App to access the calendar on your device, the Company may collect calendar information such as event title and description, your response (Yes, No, Maybe), date and time, location, and number of attendees.
- d) Demographic data: demographic information through user surveys and other means.
- e) Location: Based on the services that you use and your App settings or device permissions, the Company may collect as accurate a location as possible via data such as GPS coordinates and IP addresses.
i. If you are a Rider, the Company may collect location information when the App is running in the foreground.
ii. Riders may use the App without enabling the Company to collect their location information. However, this will affect the functionality available on your App. If you do not enable the Company to collect your location information, you will have to manually enter your pickup address.
iii. Location information will be collected from the driver during your trip, even if you have not enabled the Company to collect your location information.
- f) Transaction Information: Transaction details related to your use of the App and the Company’s services, including but not limited to request for transportation services, provision of transportation services, the date and time that the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method. Use of your promotion code by a third party may be associated with you.
- g) Usage information: The Company may collect information concerning the dates and times that the App was accessed, App features or pages viewed, App crashes, system activity, the type of browser, and third-party sites or services you were using before interacting with our services. In some cases, the Company may collect this information through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
- h) Device Information: device related information including but not limited to the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information from the device you use to access the App.
- i) Communications data: Where we enable users to communicate with each other and with us via the Apps, the Company may receive some information regarding calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the communications. This information may be used for customer support services (including dispute resolution), for safety & security purposes and to analyze and improve the App and transportation services.
- j) User Ratings and feedback.
- k) Information in connection with claims or disputes.
- l) Business partners through which you create or access your account, including but not limited to payment providers and social media services.
- m) Information contained in any source in the public domain.
5. Information Collected From Drivers
- 5.1 In addition to the information collected in paragraph 4 in relation to Riders the Company collects the following additional information for Drivers:
- a) Location: As a Driver we may collect location data when the App is running in the foreground (App open and on-screen) or background (App open but not on screen) of your device in order for Riders to see the Driver’s location. Drivers must enable the Company to collect location information.
- b) Marketing service providers.
- c) Insurance providers for Drivers.
- d) Driver’s Permit: The Company will collect the Driver’s Permit number, the issue date and date of expiry.
- e) Financial services providers for Drivers.
- f) Partner transportation companies for Drivers who use our services through an account associated with such a company.
- g) Users providing your information in connection with referrals or Promos.
- h) Users requesting services for or on your behalf.
- i) Vehicle Identification. Information such as license plate, colour, model, make and engine chassis number of the vehicle will be collected by the Company
- j) Background Check Information: Background check information if you sign up to use our services as a Driver. This may include information such as your Driver history or criminal record (where permitted by law). This information may be collected by a third party on our behalf.
6. How We Use Your Information
- The Company may compile the information collected from these sources with other information in its custody. The Company does not sell, disclose or share your personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes. The Company collects information for the following purposes:
- a) Providing and Updating Services and Features: To customize, maintain and improve the Company’s products and services as it relates to the use of the App, account creation, updating, identity verification, enabling transportation services, automated processing for calculating charges, processing or enabling payment, tracking your ride, enabling feedback information to other users, troubleshooting software bugs, analyzing trends and like activities.
- b) Safety and Security: To maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services and users including but not limited to the speed of Drivers during provision of transportation services and Driver background checks.
- c) Customer Support: To investigate and resolve complaints and disputes and improve customer support response.
- d) Research and development: To test research, analyze and drive product development including but not limited to better payment platforms, improved and user friendly Account and App features.
- e) User to User Communications: To facilitate Riders and Drivers communication.
- f) Company to User Communications: To provide information and updates on services, promos and events.
- g) Legal/Litigation: To investigate or address claims or disputes relating to User’s use of Services or give data as required by law.
7. Cookies and Third-Party Technologies
8. Information Sharing and Disclosure
- The Company may share information with other users as required by the App to provide services, or at your request or for legal purposes, as follows:
- a) With Other Users: The Rider’s name will be shared with the Driver; the Driver’s image, name and contact data will be shared with the Rider; the Driver’s ratings and Rider’s ratings will be shared with all Users
- b) At Your Request: Your estimated time of arrival and location may be shared with a friend of a Rider, at the Rider’s request
- c) Public Domain: Feedback received from a User on our Website, blogs or social media.
- d) With Service Providers And Business Partners: including payment processors and facilitators, background checks, cloud storage providers, data analytics, legal, marketing & accounting service providers, insurers.
- e) For Legal/Litigation Reasons. Where it is required to be shared by law or necessary for the Company in any litigation matter to resolve a dispute or a claim.
- f) With Your Consent: We may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to sharing the information.
9. Data Retention
- User Account and other data is retained for the duration of your active account. Some information is retained for 7 years and may thereafter be archived in cloud data or deleted. If you terminate consent to the collection or use of personal information for optional features such as calendar or address book, the Company will delete such personal information. Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Upon such a request the Company will delete any non-essential information and maintain only that which is required by law or absolutely necessary (for record keeping and litigation purposes). If an outstanding dispute or claim exists relating to your Account such as unpaid claims for repairs, the information will not be deleted until the dispute/claim is resolved.
10. Choice and Transparency
- The App provides features that allow you to see and control information that is collected through in-App privacy settings, device permissions, in-App ratings pages, marketing opt-outs. You can also request the correction of your data from the Company.
11. Device Permissions:
- Most mobile platforms have defined certain types of device data that Apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the App wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the App seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the App constitutes your consent.
- We are using the following permission set for only input purposes. These permissions are not used to store any type of personal information from the user.
Above authorizations are utilized distinctly to catch data from the camera, perused telephone state, and read contact for perusing contact subtleties for a crisis call. Information of client taking under authorization is appropriately secure and under law of google consents.
- Location Permission Declaration:
ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION & ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION
- After every trip, Drivers and Riders are able to rate each other and give feedback on the trip experience to ensure accountability. Ratings are feedback are anonymous. As such, the other party will not be able to see the rating or feedback you left. Only Jag Cab staff will have access to this data .
- You may request to receive a copy of the information that the Company has compiled about you or the reason for collecting of a piece of information or to correct any inaccuracies (upon presentation of proof of correct data) that Company has stored. You can edit your Account profile. Request to correct data can be made to [email protected].
14. Marketing Opt Outs.
- You may opt out of receiving promotional email by sending us an email to [email protected] or by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as receipts for your rides or information about your account.
15. How We Protect Your Information
- The internet is not a secure medium and so your information cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy. Your Account is password protected so that only you and authorized employees of the Company have access. We also keep your information confidential. The internal procedures cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
16. Sale of business
- If this business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
17. Your Consent
15. Contact Information